HTML

>

Thursday 16 January 2014

HSC-2014 MODEL TEST




Part A : Grammar (40 Marks)
  1. Complete the passage with suitable verbs from the list. Put them in the correct tenses.
read
be
include
think
do
mean
be
While (a) ______ you must not (b) _____ inattentive (c) _____ a good student (d) ______ to do good result in the examination. He have to earn quality education (e) _____ moral and religious teaching.
  1. Put articles where necessary. Put a cross (x) where an article is not required.
Man is created (a) _____ doing the EBADAT of Almighty Allah. He or she is (b) _____ abide (c) _____ the rules and regulation. If he or she does break any (d) _____ those, he or she is to be faced (e) _____ problems.

  1. Use articles where necessary. Put a cross (x) where an article is not required.
They are created (a) _____ field.(b) _____ field is not (c) _____ south of (d) _____ river. (e) ____ river always remains full of (f) _____ water. They cannot drink (g) _____ water of river because it is polluted by (h) _____ garbage of (i) _____ mills and factories of (j) _____country.

  1. Fill in the blanks with suitable linking words from the box.
He does not go to college (a) _____ he is ill. (b) _____ this time, he has read lying on bed. (c) _____ he is ill, he tries to do something at home (d) _____ he keeps all the news of home and abroad. He believes that nobody can shine in life (e) _____ he works hard.

  1. Make sentences with the following idioms and phrases.
Skim through, bring about, to take pity on, believe in, drop the hammer.

  1. Rewrite the following into indirect speech.
“I came here yesterday from my village,” he said.
“Why did you come?” I asked.
“My mother sent me to you with this letter.”
“How is your mother? I have not seen her for a long time. I hope she is quite well.”

  1. Fill in the blanks with tag questions.
a)      You are speaking highly of him, _____?
b)      Yes, I am, He is really good, _____?
c)      I admit it. But he sits idle, _____?
d)     Yes, he does. But he has some qualities, _____?
e)      You may say so. All qualities should be praised properly, _____?

  1. Complete the sentences parts
a)      No sooner had he come _____.
b)      He behaves as though ______.
c)      Unless you read ______.
d)     Run fast lest _____.
e)      I will go there provided that ______.

9.      Paragraph; Natural calamities










                                               ANSWER
                                                                                    
     Part A : Grammar
  1. Right form of verbs
(a) reading; (b) be; (c) to be; (d) Think; (e) including.
  1. Appropriate prepositions
(a) for; (b) to; (c) by; (d) of; (e) with.
  1. Use of articles
(a) a; (b) the; (c) the; (d) a; (e) the; (f) x; (g) the; (h) the; (i)the; (j) the.
  1. Use of linking words
(a)    because ; (b) During; (c) Though; (d) Even; (e) unless.
  1. Making sentences with phrases & idioms
Skim through : I just skimmed through the first pager of today’s newspaper.
Bring about : Hard work has brought about his success.
To take pity on : The woman took pity on the orphan boy.
Believe in : He does not believe in ghosts.
Drop the hammer : He dropped the hammer at last.
  1. Changing the form of speech
He told me that he had gone there the previous day from his village. I asked him why he had gone. He replied that his mother had sent him to me with that letter. I then asked him how his mother was. Further I told him that I had not seen her for a long time and also added that I hoed that she was quite well.
  1. Tag questions
a)      You are speaking highly of him, aren’t you?
b)      Yes. I am, He is really good, isn’t he?
c)      I admit it. But he sits idle, doesn’t he?
d)     Yes he does. But he has some qualities, hasn’t he?
e)      May say so. All qualities should be praised, shouldn’t they?
  1. You Completing sentences
a)      No sooner had he come than the function started.
b)      He behaves as though he knew everything.
c)      Unless you read, you will not be able to do well in the examination.
d)     Run fast lest you should miss the bus.
e)      I will go there provided that I am invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment