HTML

>

Monday 3 March 2014

EXAM- CLASS_6




I was seventeen years and it was time for me to leave school. I am sorry because I liked the boys and Dr. Strong. I was glad because I wanted to go out into the world. I was no longer a boy. I was a man.
My aunt often asked me what I should like to do. I could not decide.

“Take a holly day and think it over," my aunt advised me. ,'Go and stay with the Peggottys for a while."
I took her advice. I had not seen Peggotty- for seven years although I had written to her often. I was delighted at the thought of seeing and her family again.
Before I started on my journey, I went to say goodbye to Mr. Wick field and Agnes.
Mr' wickfield seemed very ill. Agnes looked troubled, but was as sweet and gentle as ever.
I am sorry to leave you, Agnes, ‘'I told her. “I have been so happy her.

 Choose the best answer-from the alternatives-
(a) David left school at the age of -----.
(i) twelve (ii) sixteen (iii) seventeen (iv) twenty.
(b) He ---- his aunt's advice.
(i) Disobeyed (ii) obeyed (iii) dishonored (iv) disregarded
(c) David turned into -----.
(i) a child (ii) a grown up man (iii) an old man (iv) a student.
(d) He was --------- to leave the school.
(i) Sorry (ii) glad (iii) shocked (iv) both sorry and glad.
(e) Mr. Wick field was --------.
(i) healthy (ii) sick (iii) cruel (iv) fine.
happily
Him
glad
Old
Decision
his
Any
do
Left
To

When David was seventeen years (a) ---- ---, he (b) --- school. His aunt told him to take (c) ------- what he would (d) -------- in future. But he could not take (e) ------ decision. His aunt aclvised (f) -------- to take a holiday and go to the Peglottys (g) ------- stay for a while. He became very (h) ------- to think he would see Peggoty and her family. Before starting (i) -------- journey. He wished good bye to Mr. Wickfielcl and Agnes. He was also sorry to leave Agnes because he spent his time (i) -------- there.

My friend Sajjad and I were sitting at the railway station. I came to see him off. Sajjad was going to Dhaka to his elder sister's house. It was very crowded in the station. There was a long-line of-people at the ticket counter. A woman standing in the queue was holding a child tightly by its hand so that he couldn't run off. A group of young people was talking loudly and drinking tea in front of a tea stall. An old couple was trying to find a quiet place to sit down and rest. The waiting room was crowded, too.
I saw one man who was trying to carry three heavy suitcases. A young lady was sitting on her luggage at one corner and was reading d magazine.
My friend and I stood near a newspaper stall talking and watching the crowd around. It was soon time for my friend’s train to leave.  As the train whistled. He  picked up his suitcase and we said goodbye to each other.

5. Choose the best answer from the alternatives
(a) Sajjad was sitting at the
(i) Steamer ghat (ii) airport (iii) bus station (rv) railway station
(b) Sajiad's friend came to - .
(l) See him off (ii) help him (iii) accompany him (M gossip with him
(c) Sajjad was going to
(l) Khulna (ii) Dhaka (iii) Rajshahi (iv) Barisal
(d) Sajjad was going to Dhaka
(i) by launch (ii) by steamer (iii) by bus (iv) by train
(e) The station was
(i) crowded (ii) empty  (iii) isolated (M deserted

1o. Rearranging: The following sentences are in wrong order. Reading  them according to sequence.
He was going to Dhaka to his sister. it was very crowded in the station. His sister lives in Dhaka. Sajjad is my friend. I went to the railway station to see him off.

11. Summarizing: Read the passage again. Now, write the main ideas of the story in your own words in not more then five sentences.

12. Write a paragraph on A Village Market. In your paragraph answer the,  Following questions.
(a) What do the villagers do in the market? (b) Where does it sit? (c) How many section usually does a village market have? (d) What types of things are sold in
different sections of the market? (e) What good does a village market do to the villagers?

13. Suppose, you are Parven. You have been promoted to class VI. You will have to buy some books. For this purpose you need some money.
Now, write a letter to your father for sending you some money.

14. Now write an application to your Headmaster for opening a common room /reading room.



No comments:

Post a Comment