HTML

>

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Exercise on Tense



Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive).
  1. When I phoned my friends, they (play) monopoly.
  2. Yesterday at six I (prepare) dinner.
  3. The kids (play) in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
  4. I (practise) the guitar when he came home.
  5. We (not / cycle) all day.
  6. While Aaron (work) in his room, his friends (swim) in the pool.
  7. I tried to tell them the truth but they (listen / not) .
  8. What (you / do) yesterday?
Put the verbs into the correct form (present perfect simple).
  1. I (not / work) today.
  2. We (buy) a new lamp.
  3. We (not / plan) our holiday yet.
  4. Where (be / you) ?
  5. He (write) five letters.
  6. She (not / see) him for a long time.
  7. (be / you) at school?
  8. School (not / start) yet.
  9. (speak / he) to his boss?
  10. No, he (have / not) the time yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment