HTML

>

Monday 16 December 2013

EXERCISE





EXERCISE
Turn the following Complex sentences into Compound
1.    Since the old man was weak, he could not go to the court.
2.    Since they gave it food and water, it became very tame.
3.    Since I was well into my work, I was not inclined to conversation.
4.    As he felt a great love for them, he blessed them from his heart.
5.    Since my ankles were weak, I was slow in learning to walk.
6.    When the door opened, Jim stepped in.
7.    When they gave it food and water, it became very tame.
8.    When the dog lay close to him, it found a comfort there.
9.    Their throats were so dry that they could not speak.
10. The farmers are so poor that they cannot meet their both ends together.
11. When he found me, he acted crazy.
12. When the sailors saw the ship they cried in joy.
13. When it was daylight, I was hall awakened by the sound of chopping.
14. When the mutton chop arrived, she took me to task.
15. It was twenty years ago when I was living in Pairs.
16. Though Jim and Della were poor, they were happy in their conjugal life.
17. Though the boy has many brothers and sisters, he seems to be lonely.
18. The Magi who were wise men brought gifts to the babe in the manger.
19. For myself I chose the mutton chop was the cheapest dish on the menu.
20. I was saved because I had shown a true love for all living things.
21. When he woke up, it was raining.
22. If you do not obey me, you will be punished.
23. lf you do write much, you cannot write well.
24. If you don’t walk fast, you will miss the train.
25. If you follow my example, you will feel better.
26. I am sure its a mistake.
27. Though I burned with questions, I could not ask.
28. Though the watch was grand, Jim looked at it on the sly.
29. The albatross is a big sea bird which brings good luck to the sailors.
30. I did not know why it disturbed me.
31. While we were waiting for coffee, the head waiter brought a basket full of huge peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment